Friday, March 19, 2010

My Grandpa's Guitar

When my grandpa passed away, the old Vibratone guitar he used to play was given to me since I, too, play guitar (well, sort of). The guitar is a 1940-something model 972 and had to be repaired due to a serious fall it took. Now, repaired and cleaned up, it looks as good as . . . something old that's been taken care of :) . The coolest thing about it is the worn places clearly visible on the neck and fretboard where my grandpa's hands once moved and played music.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Blaine, How does the guitar sound? looks good and you did very good job. makes me think of Dad this morning and remember him playing it and his harmonica at the same time. and his wonderful smile and the ornery spark in his eye and smile. makes me happy and miss him!

The Blainemonster said...

Well, I don't have the strings at full tension. Probably never will again because of the guitar's age and weakened condition. I could tune it, but down a whole step or more and play it that way :)